SAVING BIRD SPECIES SINCE 2009
Join our flock!
A Living Species Bank
Thinking outside the cage: Project Fly Free
Read about Us
Pandemonium Aviaries is a 501(c) 3 non profit conservation organization specializing in birds. We are a Living Species Bank. We protect bird species by “banking” living birds and growing their numbers.
Keeping the birds alive is not enough. We also preserve their “culture” by how we raise them. Our intent is to one day return these birds to the wild when it is safe to do so. They will need learned as well as innate skills to survive.
We think outside of the cage. Sometimes we take a traditional conservation method and use it in an innovative way. Or use an overlooked resource that others have by-passed. And yes, we do want our birds to be out of cages. That’s what Project Fly Free is all about.
AN UNTAPPED RESOURCE
A NOVEL APPROACH
SAVING THE CROWN PIGEONS
The Crown pigeons of New Guinea are one of the species in our Living Species Bank. Hard to say which is more amazing: the drumming sounds they make or their feather “crowns” or that they wag their tails like puppies.
- We See a Solution You. If every animal lover invested in saving animals, they would be saved.
- #2 Largest Flock in the World Victoria Crown pigeon
- Once Common Crimson Wing parrot
- #1 Largest Flock Green-naped pheasant pigeon
- 34 Species East African Crowned crane
- One Chick at a Time Green-naped pheasant pigeon chick
- Captive Bred Lady Gouldian finches
- Model Aviary Program Crane aviary
- Blue and Gold Macaw Life long care is provided
- Dodo Relative Nicobar pigeons
- Eats Nectar and Pollen Lorikeet
- Breeding Focus Bleeding Heart dove
The Dodo went extinct in 80 years. We can’t let this happen to the modern-day Dodo, the Crown Pigeons.